Job Title: Quality Control Specialist
Company Name: Food Sciences Corporation
- 821 East Gate Drive, Mount Laurel, New Jersey 08054
- 820 East Gate Drive, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
- 116 Gaither Drive, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
This role supports the SQF program through the development, control and maintenance of associated food safety documents, ensuring that documents are secure, accessible and readily available to staff to maintain consistent readiness for facility audits. In addition this role involves conducting inspections and/or reviews for all products throughout the production cycle with full knowledge of tasks maintained by QC coordinators. Specific duties include:
- Study methods to improve aspects of foods, such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, and convenience.
- Report to the Quality Manager regarding food safety inspections to ensure all operational and sanitation procedures meet FDA regulatory requirement and to maintain SGF certification.
- Inspect raw materials and packaging materials to approve for use in production and releasing product from hold for use in manufacturing.
- Perform reviews and taste tests of out sourced products including bars, snacks, PIB, and chews.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of the facility to assure GMP and food safety programs are being maintained.
- Identify and resolve quality issue on timely basis as directed by the Quality Manager;
- Create and conducting quality control training programs and quizzes as needed.
- Conduct facility audits, as assigned, and providing overall support of the SQF process of reviews and plans for continuous improvement.
- Coordinates for internal audits, inspections and annual update reviews of documents controlled in Unipoint.
- Conduct investigations and reviewing issues in order to provide timely responses to customer complaints.
- Review quality SOP’s in cooperation with the Quality Manager and assisting in creating new SOP’s as needed.
- Assist in preparation for, and actively participates in and follows up for, third party FDA annual SQF and customer audits.
- preparation or follow-up for third party, FDA, or customer audits;
- Follow all food laws and regulations for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and FSC procedures to maintain proper food safety standards that apply to manufacturing, distribution, and sale of all products.
- Stay up-to-date on new regulations and current events regarding food science by reviewing scientific literature.
- Ensures documentation is maintained and readily available to demonstrate all food safety programs including: SQF, HACCP, Food Safety Pre-requisite Programs, and FSMA/PCQI.
- This position is based at 821 East Gate Drive, Mount Laurel, New Jersey 08054, but involves regular travel between all three of our Mount Laurel, NJ locations. The other two locations are 820 East Gate Drive, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054 and 116 Gaither Drive, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Food Safety and Technology or a related field, plus one year of experience in the Food Science industry.
Experience must include:
- Formal training in Food Microbiology, Food Process Engineering, HACCP Planning and Implementation.
- SQF Certification for the understanding and implementing of the code.
- Utilizing HACCP certification in conducting risk assessments and developing HACCP Plans.
- Applying FDA and FSMA Regulations to daily duties.
- Developing Food Safety and Food Defense plans.
Must also have completed coursework and/or training courses in SQF, HACCP, and FSPCA.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org